9 FAQ About Our Cyber Security Certifications in Cameroon
1. Which IT Security certifications can I take today at Seven Academy?
We train and certify a total of 40 certifications through our partnership with EC-Council.
Why a lot of demand for the Certified Ethical Hacking (CEH) training?
Based on research, CEH which is a prerequisite into CHFI and ECIH was the most popular vendor neutral cyber security certification among employers in 2019.
2. Which organization backs Seven Advanced Academy’s Cyber Security training in Cameroon?
Our certifications are backed by EC-Council. Both as a training and a testing center.
We partnered with EC-Council because individuals who have achieved EC-Council certifications work with organizations like the US Army, the FBI, Microsoft, IBM, and the United Nations.
Their certifications have received endorsements from various government agencies including the US Federal Government via the Montgomery GI Bill, National Security Agency (NSA) and the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS).
Moreover, the United States Department of Defense has included the CEH program into its Directive 8570 making it one of the mandatory standards to be achieved by Computer Network Defenders Service Providers (CND-SP).
3. What are the Cyber Security entry requirements?
There is no predefined eligibility criteria for those interested in this training. However, computer networking knowledge (N+) is preferred. For this reason, the admission committee will review applications on an individual basis.
Clause: Age Requirements and Policies Concerning Minors.
The age requirement for attempting the CEH exam is restricted to any candidate who is not at least 18 years old on the date of examination.
4. Should I take an online and in-person Cyber Security training at Seven Advanced Academy?
While online training will be perfect for those who can’t attend classes on campus, in-person training is preferred by many.
Studying with classmates under the guidance of a certified EC-Council tutor will push you to work harder.
Moreover, sharing from your instructors experiences in Cyber Security in Cameroon and out of Cameroon is a plus.
5. Who is the Lead Cyber Security Instructor at Seven Advanced Academy?
Miss Fru Mangui is the Lead Cyber Security instructor at Seven Advanced Academy. She is an EC-Council Certified instructor.
She works closely with Mr. Landry Wambo who is a cyber security expert for our sister company Seven GPS.
Talk to the instructor on WhatsApp.
6. What makes this cyber security training different from others in the market?
Our EC-Council CEH curriculum for instance focuses on hacking techniques and technologies from an offensive perspective.
This advanced security hacking training is regularly updated. So, you can be sure it reflects the latest developments in the domain, including new hacking techniques, exploits, automated programs as well as defensive recommendations as outlined by experts in the field.
7. What jobs can a Certified Ethical Hacker get in Cameroon or overseas?
After your training, you can work as:
- Information Security Analyst.
- Security Analyst.
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Ethical Hacker.
- Security Consultant, (Computing / Networking / Information Technology)
- Information Security Manager.
- Penetration Tester.
8. What hacking techniques and technologies can you expect to master with CEH?
Hacking techniques represent ways and means by which computer programs can be made to behave in ways they are not meant to.
As you begin your training, you’ll come to understand that these techniques extend beyond the technology domain and can be applied to test security policies and procedures.
Hacking technologies on the other hand are used to refer to those tools and automated programs that can be used by perpetrators against an organization to incur critical damage.
Even though Python is celebrated, you’ll learn how to use a variety of languages to hack.
Also, Linux is our default training operating system.
9. Does Seven Advanced Academy have the right infrastructure in Cameroon for a Cyber Security Training?
One reason the EC-Council partnered with us to offer IT Security certifications is because of the infrastructure in place.
Visit our labs in person at Bali, opposite Hotel Serena, and discuss with your to-be instructor.